Thursday, June 7, 2018

Folks, let's talk.


As some of you may know, this sub celebrated 10 years a couple of weeks ago.Now, back when I created the sub I had visions of Ewoks on Endor, celebrating a potential feast. Frustratingly, the state of the sub has turned from celebrating (Star Wars) to bashing, ridiculing, harassment, and downright negativity.I didn't create the sub to be like this and I'm sick and tired of it.What I'm considering doing is to start removing/banning negative posts criticizing this and that. This is not a place to come and state your dislike for whatever you dislike about Star Wars. I held off simply because it would be censorship and I am the last person to want to censor anything.I think starting with the negative posts would cut down on a lot of the crap and I'd leave the comments alone. If I see the comments sustaining negativity. then I'll look at addressing them.I don't like discussing this topic, but I refuse to let the hard work and dedication of the past ten years dissolve into toxicity. I haven't implemented anything yet, but something is coming. If someone has an idea on how to better deal with the issue, I'm all ears. I was hoping it would fade away as it seemed to do in the past, but it seems to be growing stronger.I'm frustrated, the mods are frustrated, and a lot of you are frustrated.*I'm heading to work. I'll be back later today to continue the conversation. The other mods will be around as their time allows. via /r/StarWars https://ift.tt/2Lv8nj8

No comments:

Post a Comment