Sunday, March 4, 2018

Luke has always been an excellent judge of character, so why are we trusting Rey over Luke regarding Kylo?


"I really thought Han would change his mind" - end of ANH"I know there is good in you, father""Your overconfidence is your weakness" (Luke had the big bad figured out straight away)"threepio, tell them you will get angry and use your magic if they do not release us" - Ewok village"I saw the darkness in him.... everything I loved and cherished he would destroy""Amazing. Every word of what you just said was wrong. The Rebellion is reborn today. The war is just beginning. And I will not be the last Jedi."Luke was right on all counts. He knows what people will do before they do it. I think he's the very definition of reliable narrator, so it is bizarre to me that people have presumed that Rey is right and Luke is wrong about Kylo. Pretty much every main character except for Luke in the OT and ST have misplaced their trust at least once, and Rey isn't exactly a reliable person either. She can't even be honest with herself about her abandonment and she tends to believe whatever she prefers to be true. I'm not going to trust Reys word over Lukes, especially not after her attempts at turning Kylo to the light backfired and only made him angrier than ever. She only survived that encounter because he wants to see her in a dress. via /r/StarWars http://ift.tt/2H2DtfY

No comments:

Post a Comment