Sunday, March 25, 2018

The New Republic in the Sequel Trilogy.


Right, so as someone who is 50/50 in the Last Jedi, but loved most of The Force Awakens. There is one ever-present aspect of the sequel trilogy, that feels like a huge waste. In 2015, the question on the top of my mind was; 'what is the new republic like?'. I was keen on seeing new creatively designed troopers, fleets, blasters and planets. Instead, it felt as if the New Republic never even existed. Instead the Resistance was there, which was (imo) uninspired and boring. We have around 3mins of the New Republic, which focuses on their destruction.Furthermore, it seems as if they're completely destroyed in the Last Jedi; and yes, I'm well aware that the New Republic demilitarised. Factions have always been so important to the Star Wars franchise, I feel as if the Resistance was the wrong move to make. But, then again, I'm not a creative at Disney haha. via /r/StarWars https://ift.tt/2I4gOjE

No comments:

Post a Comment