Monday, April 17, 2017

I kind of like the political aspect of the prequels.


So one of the main complaints about the prequels, mainly the first two, are that they're too political. Every rant I've heard about how terrible the prequels are includes: "Who want's to watch a Star Wars movie about trade embargoes and the galactic senate and blockades?".While I agree that Star Wars was not made so that we can watch ambassadors argue in the Senate about emergency powers, I think that the Star Wars universe is big enough to where I actually really enjoy that stuff.I'm not into politics and 9 year old me definitely didn't care whatsoever about chancellors and trade federations, but for some reason I really enjoy the political aspect of the prequel universe. Maybe it's purely because it adds depth to a universe I love.Also! I think that Palpatine's arc and involvement throughout the prequels as he positions himself to take over is one of the most well-executed parts of the trilogy. And the idea that politics and democracy was a prominent part of the universe and is then somewhat eradicated by the Empire is a cool one to me. via /r/StarWars http://ift.tt/2purBew

No comments:

Post a Comment