Thursday, November 18, 2021

Rogue One might just be the best war movie I’ve seen


Rogue One is just brilliant. Maybe one of the best war movies I’ve seen. I like that the character don’t have plot armour as I feel that raises the stakes of the universe a bit. I also think the final battle is brilliant . I loved how they used archive footage to bring back some of the previous commanders. I also love how Tarkin destroys Scarif knowing full well Krennic is on there. Overall I like to think of the film as a 4th instalment of the original trilogy. i like how it closely connects to A New Hope without it feeling like “A New Hope Part 1”.I Think all characters are great and fleshed out really nicely. I’m glad they aren’t connected to any existing Star Wars characters and are just ordinary people wanting to do good. I hope Gareth Edwards comes back to do another Star Wars film or maybe an episode of one of the upcoming TV shows.I also think it retroactively improves A New Hope. When you realise what the Rebels went through to get the plans it makes Luke destroying the Death Star so much more impactful and poignant. There’s also some ship designs I’d like to see make a reappearance like the U-Wing and the AT-ACT. Every scene feels so thought out and well planned. No scene feels irrelevant or unnecessary.Overall, it is a fantastic war movie. via /r/StarWars https://ift.tt/30IIEAY

No comments:

Post a Comment