Sunday, October 17, 2021

New to Star Wars!


Hi! I'm a 17 year old that's never watched Star Wars before, ever, lol. After some pressure from family, friends and my boyfriend, I decided to give it a try!Before today, if you showed me a lineup of Star Wars characters, I'd be able to identify Storm Troopers (my dad's favorite!), Yoda, Darth Vader, C3PO and R2D2, Kylo Ren (my boyfriend's favorite!), maybe a few other Sith Lords on a good day, and, like, that's it. I also could name a couple lightsaber colors, and I roughly knew what the Force was, I kinda knew Empire vs Rebellion (again, kinda), I could tell you about Anakin becoming Darth Vader, and I could tell you a couple facts about Kylo Ren (because my lovely boyfriend loves him so much), I knew some meme references, jokes, and the whole May 4th thing.That's about it.Until my stepfather sat me down today, opened Disney+, and we watched The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones! I had so much fun watching it with him, asking questions and having him tell me everything I needed to know, and just spending an afternoon with a family member.So here I am afterwards, it's nighttime, and I'm hoping to have a place to catalog my updates as I watch, and maybe make some new friends! Thanks for reading. via /r/StarWars https://ift.tt/3peN5xp

No comments:

Post a Comment