Sunday, March 28, 2021

My Love of 'The Force Unleashed'


Perhaps a strange post to make, but I just wanted to outline how much I love this particular game. I remember renting it in 2009 (back when that was a thing) for the Wii as a boy. And holy shit did I love it for the Wii. As I recall, I got over half the game done in one day. I know this too because my wrist the morning after was sore in a way I would not know again until I was a teenager; you could honestly have an aerobics class with this game alone. The graphics too (probably dated by this point) were very unique to the rest of the Star Wars universe at the time; quite realistic in a sense, perhaps even 'darker' (a sizable upgrade to the very great Battlefront 2 from 2005). I grew up with the prequels, and watched the original trilogy with my dad as a young boy before this game, so to have Starkiller directly link the two via the Rebellion was brilliant in my book. Even the final scene, which I’m sure many will find corny, I nevertheless loved:Kota: When he came to me in the bar, among all his dark thoughts, I glimpsed one bright spot. One beautiful thing he held on to, even in the end.Juno: What?Kota: You.I suppose I may as well spoil TFU2; at the end, the choice the player makes is the same choice the first Starkiller makes. If he spares Vader, he is truly the real Starkiller and the hope both the Force and Luke needed, and so he and Juno both get to live as a result. If he attempts to kill Vader, it proves he is just a defective clone, and the dark side ending is the deserved result. via /r/StarWars https://ift.tt/31udY3e

No comments:

Post a Comment