Sunday, January 31, 2021

Just finished Clone Wars and Rebels for the first time


I’m a long-time SW fan and someone who grew up with the prequels. I’ve always worshipped the series, the characters, the Force, literally everything about it. I used to pretend I was a Jedi as a kid. It all fascinated me and expanded my imagination. Not only that, but I felt that it helped teach me a lot of lessons on morality as a I grew up. Despite all this, I always felt left out because I never really got into Clone Wars or any of the animated series. I watched every movie, but I never learned about Ashoka, Rex, Hondo, or Grand Admiral Thrawn, all incredible characters that have arcs worthy of live-action depictions.I always knew in my heart that I was missing some huge pieces to the entire Star Wars puzzle. Regardless, I had never watched the animated series. Maybe it was out of dumb pride and not wanting to be seen watching “kiddy” animated shows by friends or family as a teenager and 20-something year old. Because of that, I was always quite envious of friends and everyone here on Reddit who had seen these shows and praised them to high heavens.The Mandalorian changed everything and made me realize that I had to watch the animated series. It was well-known that there were going to be more connections to Ashoka and other characters made in season 2, and I felt that my time had come to devote some time to these shows. So one day, I said to myself “Screw it, I’m gonna watch this series and see it through to the end.”I started watching Clone Wars back in the fall and slowly made my way through it. I watched S2 of the Mandalorian while crushing each successive season of Clone Wars. I couldn’t get enough! Looking back, it was an amazing decision. I absolutely fell in love with the characters and everything the show was about. I didn’t even have to wait for Season 7!I finished Clone Wars a month or so ago and immediately started Rebels. Another excellent decision for me, because I just finished it and fully realized the implications of these series and how the new shows will be constructed in terms of characters, storylines, plot, literally everything. Filoni provided Disney everything they need for the future, and I am so goddamn here for it.To everyone on here who posted about these shows and inspired me to take on these series, thank you. It’s been a hell of a ride these past few months, and I now see the entire Star Wars Universe through a whole new lens. Despite all of the bad shit happening within the past year, I can look on the bright side and say that it truly is a really great time to be a Star Wars fan. via /r/StarWars https://ift.tt/2L6TQ2P

No comments:

Post a Comment