Sunday, August 18, 2019

Star Wars theory - gone to far?


So I was randomly listening to video essays on Youtube while working out, and noticed Youtube is offering a huge collection of StarWars speculations and theories videos (the algorithm knows me well, I guess?). I'm going to address this right from the top - I know I can skip video's, ask Youtube not expose me to a certain channel's content, etc. But this is not my point. I truly fear something of the movie-going experience is lost because of these videos. To a certain point, it's fun to listen to lore essays and "what if" videos. However, when people start to get angry when the movies do not follow the narrative they think is right, or expect the makers of these films to listen to them because they consider themselves, or even considered by others, to be StarWars authorities.THIS is how you get petitions to remake movies. THIS is how you lose those moments of excitement in the theatre after the trailers are over and just before the movie begins. The line between movie maker and movie audience is a line you can only cross by becoming an active part of the movie industry.Movie creators owe us good movies, AND THAT'S ALL. Not Rey parents, not Snokes origins, not Yoda pick lines (Doin, how you?).I feel like this whole subculture needs to take a step back. via /r/StarWars https://ift.tt/2Mp4elk

No comments:

Post a Comment