Friday, July 6, 2018

Thank you, Lucasfilm


About two months ago, I lost my wife of over twenty years. Saying it has been rough is a massive understatement, but I'm very lucky to have a strong support system here. (My wife was one of 8 kids.)A few weeks ago, a friend of mine reached out to the publicity department at Lucasfilm and let them know what happened and how I was a huge Star Wars fan.Yesterday I got two boxes full of gifts from them. They had called my friend to find out about my situation and my kids. They got their ages and every single one of them (I've got seven kids, yep, seven) got an incredible gift bag of merch. All the right size - all age appropriate. They even sent me some wonderful stuff as well.I have to be honest - I'm shocked my friend got a response to an out of the blue email like that. And I'm just... blown away by what they did.I don't know if any of the company folks monitor this, but if so, you have my thanks. You made this big Star Wars nerd happy and you made my kids pretty damn happy too.Thank you. via /r/StarWars https://ift.tt/2KzsDnX

No comments:

Post a Comment