Sunday, February 23, 2020

Rebels told an impressively captivating story


I just finished watching Rebels and enjoyed the show much more than I anticipated.I initially started it up because I knew there was going to be a follow up to Ahsoka and Maul's stories from TCW, but I ended up connecting with the rebel squad pretty easily. Obviously a departure from TCW animation style and notably less violent action sequences, but the storylines and character development were incredibly compelling.They did a really great job showcasing the evolution of the master/apprentice relationship and even got to explore more Jedi/Force lore. (Sidenote: I could have done without the world between worlds.) That said, I loved Sabine's journey and learning how complicated living on Mandalore became with the Empire's involvement and discord between clans. I also fiiiiinally got to understand why everyone lost their shit (and rightfully so!) when Moff Gideon busted out the darksaber on "The Mandalorian."We were given a better opportunity to see the struggles of a small, but growing rebellion shortly before ANH, with a nice tie-in to Rogue One. Plus, Rex got to bust some clankers again!One of my favorite aspects of the writing was the continuity and callbacks to certain situations (both within the show and TCW), without it feeling too expository. Whenever I thought they forgot about something (or someone) important, it was always mentioned soon thereafter. It's very enjoyable watching a show knowing the writing team is telling a cohesive story with payoff worthy of the 4-season investment.Of course, now that it was left open-ended enough for a continuing story, here I am craving for more. via /r/StarWars https://ift.tt/39YBojz

No comments:

Post a Comment