Sunday, February 16, 2020

I was a former Prequels hater and I'm here to apologise.


After the release of the new trilogy I was immediately aware of how divisive the fandom was and how quickly many people were to criticize the film's for what they should have been rather than what they were. This got thinking about how critical I have been of the Prequels since I first watched their theatrical release. I decided to go back and give them another chance. I just finished Revenge of the Sith and I have to say I was thoroughly entertained. For all the flaws in the film's (which I still think are many and mostly valid) they are good Star Wars content and just chock full of lore and world building. There was many times when I was overwhelmed by how ambitious the movies where. The epic war shots were some of the biggest battle scenes I've seen in a sci fi movie to date. And most importantly I feel like if you can work out the, sometimes excessive, subtext of the plot it does tell a pretty good story about the fall of Anakin Skywalker and the rise of the Empire. So that's my change of Heart on the Prequels. Any other fans out there that have crossed over? via /r/StarWars https://ift.tt/31ZbMQQ

No comments:

Post a Comment