Sunday, November 6, 2022

I finally finished Kenobi -


Life sidetracked me for a while, and it took me a bit to get back to it. My thoughts...While I loved seeing Ewan and Hayden back, (I actually got quite emotional watching the behind the making), there are bits that are brilliant, and loads that was just okay, and parts that were frankly ridiculous... It was very nice to see Hayden genuinely happy about coming back, because after all the shit he got after the prequels, I wasn't sure he'd ever touch SW again with a 10 foot pole. I didn't hate it, but after so much build up and anticipation, I'm not sure there was any way it was going to live up to my expectations.As usual with most SW content, writing and direction choices I wasn't thrilled about. (Don't @ me about Andor, I haven't started it yet, that's next)Vivian as little Leia was honestly the best part of the whole thing. I could almost picture Carrie's sass through her. Moses Ingram is a wonderful actor. I loved her in The Queen's Gambit, but this subplot of former youngling bent on revenge baffles me. I could see it, if not for the redemption. Also tired of redemption arcs, it's been done. via /r/StarWars https://ift.tt/Csbde1k

No comments:

Post a Comment