Sunday, August 29, 2021

I don't care what you think about the animation style. Please just watch Rebels.


So, I just finished Rebels earlier today, and just...wow. This was my 2nd time watching, but I usually like something better the 2nd time I watch/play it and that couldn't be more true with Rebels. Now, I'm going to remain as spoiler free as possible, since I'm making this post for those who haven't seen it. So if you've seen it, you can stop reading now, since I'm not gonna say anything you don't already know.So, I'm sure you at least know a few returning characters in the show. But first, I'd like to establish the main crew and why I really like them as characters.Ezra Bridger - the protagonist of the series. Ezra goes from an annoying street kid to a wise young man who is strong with the Force. He lost his parents before the events of the show, and as cliché as it sounds, warms up to his new family. Which includes his master.Kanan Jarrus - born as Caleb Dume, but took on a new identity to hide from the Empire. A survivor of Order 66, Kanan is Ezra's master and father figure. He's my favourite character from the show, and introduces Ezra to the wider galaxy.Garrazeb Orrelios - nicknamed Zeb, this lassan is one of the comic relief characters. He's also a strong warrior, who says "karabast" a lot and now it's part of my curse word vocabulary. His design is based on the original Chewie design.Hera Syndulla - the mother figure of the crew. You might recognise her from Squadrons, but she's definitely an underrated character in my opinion. She's a pilot, but a fighter. She's the type to never surrender. She's also the captain of the crew and high in the ranks of the Rebellion. She can also be seen piloting the Ghost in Rogue One, but the ship is too far out of frame for her to be visible.Sabine Wren - a Mandalorian warrior, who used to be part of the Empire. Then she was found by the crew and joined them. Her mother Ursa Wren makes a cameo in The Siege of Mandalore.Copper - C1-10P, an astromech droid and the other comic relief character. Admittingly, I found Chopper annoying on my first watch, but on my 2nd, I quite liked him and found him funny. He's also voiced by someone you'll know. But you have to wait until the last episode to find out who.Still not convinced? There's also fan favourite returning characters. I don't need to tell you anything about them. You'll just need to watch it for yourself to see how they fit into the show.Ahsoka TanoCommander RexCommander WolffeCommando GregorHondo OhnakaObi-Wan KenobiYodaLeia OrganaBail OrganaLando CalrissianJabba The Hutt...Bo-Katan KryzeSaw GererraOh, and Hera is Cham Syndulla's daughterRebels also has its fair share of villains.The Inquisitors are the main villains of seasons 1 and 2. They're a group of Force sensitive assassins that have been personally chosen by Darth Vader to hunt down the remaining Jedi knights.Darth Vader is also a main villain of seasons 1 and 2. They work him well into this show. And they really show how powerful he is in the Force that the movies couldn't, understandably due to technology at the time.However, the big villain of this show is Mitth'raw'nuruodo, also known as Grand Admiral Thrawn. Whilst not entirely the same as his initial appearance in Legends, he is still an extremely intelligent villain. I haven't personally read the books, but based on his appearance in canon and the canon Thrawn novels, he's one of my favourite Star Wars characters. He's probably my 2nd favourite villain in Star Wars. (Of course Vader will always be #1.)If Thrawn being in the show isn't reason enough to watch it, I don't know what to tell you. It's not Clone Wars, but it isn't supposed to be. Please just watch this fantastic show.My biggest problem with the show is honesty the face designs. Most characters don't look their canonical age. For example, Pryce (a character I haven't mentioned but she isn't all that important without context) is about 50 canonically. But she looks like she's in her early 20s. And by season 4, Ezra is 19. He's 2 days older than Luke and Leia. He still looks 14, his age at the start of the series. That's just my biggest criticism with the animation. Oh, and there's a couple of sequel references that made me cringe in an otherwise excellent episode. You'll know what I mean when you're up to it. via /r/StarWars https://ift.tt/3kFOysW

No comments:

Post a Comment