Saturday, February 19, 2022

Carrie Fisher had a great response to anyone who was upset about the Princess Leia bikini in 'Star Wars: Return of the Jedi' (Not mine)


Source: INSIDERIn 2015, Fox News ran a story about parents who were skittish about a toy that depicted Princess Leia in the bikini."They're like, 'Dad, why does this doll have a chain around its neck?,'" One parent said. "I don't have any answers. I was just blown away looking at it."Fisher thought that line of thinking was ridiculous, and she said so in a fantastic interview with the Wall Street Journal in 2015, before the release of "The Force Awakens." Here's the exchange:"WSJ: There’s been some debate recently about whether there should be no more merchandise with you in the “Return of the Jedi” bikini.Fisher: I think that’s stupid.WSJ: To stop making the merchandise?Fisher: The father who flipped out about it, 'What am I going to tell my kid about why she’s in that outfit?' Tell them that a giant slug captured me and forced me to wear that stupid outfit, and then I killed him because I didn’t like it. And then I took it off. Backstage."So there you have it. If you're not sure how to explain Princess Leia's golden bikini to your kids, tell them a giant slug captured her and forced her to wear it, and then she killed him. via /r/StarWars https://ift.tt/38eQVZ7

No comments:

Post a Comment