Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Did Obi-Wan ever make it clear to Anakin, before their fight on Mustafar, that he "loved" him? That he thought of him as a brother?


I had some thoughts run through my head lately that I felt a little embarrassed I had never realized before. From what we know, it seems like Obi-Wan was a pretty strict teacher to Anakin. At least, Anakin seems to think so. There are times when they seem to let down their guard and truly talk as "friends", but those seem few and far between in the movies (I don't want to open that can of worms, just using that fact as a point of discussion).Now, a disclaimer here, I have only watched a few episodes of the Clone Wars (I know - coming off Netflix soon, need to watch it, etc.). So despite this possibly leading to spoilers, I have to know - does Obi-Wan ever make it clear to Anakin that he loves him and perceives him to be his "little brother"? Or was Obi-Wan so caught up in the Jedi code and being a good master to The Chosen One that he didn't dare reveal any feelings like this to his Padawan who already seemed to be struggling with forbidden attachments?The long-overdue realization I had was, Obi-Wan actually had feelings of attachment to Anakin that I fear he never truly expressed until the, uh, unfortunate incident on Mustafar. While obviously it may not have prevented his turn to the Dark Side, how terrible must Obi-Wan have felt afterward? Here you have a guy who struggles with needing to be loved and losing the ones he loves, and the one guy he could look up to the most probably never told him that he loved him - until it was too late. I'm guessing this is part of what drove Anakin to the "grandfatherly" Palpatine.Anyway. I'm sure this is something I should have realized a long time ago (in a galax... nevermind), but sometimes the most obvious things are hard to see. via /r/StarWars http://ift.tt/2kIGU4H

No comments:

Post a Comment