Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Luke went out just like Obi-wan


As I continued to watch my SilverScreen edition of A New Hope, I realized that Luke's ending served the same purpose as Obi-wan's exit: both were creating a spectacle as diversion, both taunted their enemies, both used diversions and illusions, both disappeared into the force both hoped to fan the flames of dissent and rebellion. Luke was able to give himself up in sacrifice just as he was once sacrificed for so long ago. It was moving and beautiful once I rewatched Obi-wan's exit in ANH. Hope I can pass along the appreciation to some of you.edit: Mods, I'm trying to add flair, but my VPN is really sucking tonight and not letting me click through the links (I'm not in the US). Can someone help me out and tag this as "movies"?edit2: NM, got it. via /r/StarWars https://ift.tt/2RmZSty

No comments:

Post a Comment