Thursday, June 22, 2017

TIL that being the Grand Master doesn't mean you are the leader of the Jedi.


I was skimming through my copy of Absolutely Everything You Need to Know and noticed a distinction between the terms "Grand Master" and "Master of the Order." For years I knew that both titles existed, but I guess I never bothered to check out what "Master of the Order" actually meant. The Master of the Order is the actual leader of the Jedi Order, appointed via a vote by the Jedi Council. The Grand Master is the leader of the Jedi Council, and is occupied by the oldest and wisest of the Jedi. During Episode I, Mace Windu was actually the leader of the Jedi Order, since he was the Master of the Order. He stepped down from this position when the Clone Wars began, and Yoda assumed both roles. via /r/StarWars http://ift.tt/2s0Qgr7

No comments:

Post a Comment