Monday, May 2, 2022

[Spoiler] I finished watching Season 5 of TCW today and it made me cry twice


I've finally gotten around to watching all of it and it's such an incredible experience, as a child all I'd seen was random episodes on TV now and then and the movie, which I had on DVD and watch over and over again, but getting to see these arcs fully develop and in order is just magnificent. I'm sure a lot of people cried near the end of the last episode where Ashoka rejects Anakin and decides not to rejoin the Jedi order, and it was a powerful moment for sure, but what really got me was a few episodes earlier when Satine died together with Obi-Wan.I really didn't expect her to die, at least it felt unexpected to me. And having seen their relationship being built up over the entire series so far made it hit so hard, it's very basic storytelling: I've spent a lot of time with these characters so of course I'm attached to them, but it really did hit me emotionally. I really didn't expect this show to make me cry because as much as I absolutely love Star Wars, I don't feel particularly emotionally connected to any characters in the series, at least I didn't before now. Longform storytelling just hits different I suppose. via /r/StarWars https://ift.tt/fDU9PXw

No comments:

Post a Comment