Sunday, November 25, 2018

It sucks to be a Star Wars fan right now....


And I don't mean in the sense. "I hate what Disney has done with the franchise! I despite Last Jedi! I hate Resistance! I hate the books! I hate the comics! Disney sucks and they should go fuck themselves!" I mean it sucks being a Star Wars fan...because I hate hearing everyone else say that.When I first heard Disney bought Star Wars and that they were not only making the long awaited sequel trilogy but a whole bunch of anthology films that would tell standalone stories in the Star Wars universe. I was ecstatic. I thought this would lead to a new Golden Age for Star Wars. Even the controversial decision to reboot the expanded universe didn't bug me because I understood why they did it. And for the most part I've really enjoyed the Disney era of Star Wars from the movies to the books to the comics to the cartoons.But it feels like I am the only one who feels that way.Pretty much every time I look at the comments of a star wars video on youtube or something the vast majority of people are decrying the Disney era saying how much it sucks and how Star Wars is dead....and it just breaks my heart(It doesn't exactly help my situation when my brother is one of those people and he refuses to see my side of the story whenever it comes up in discussion)Look. I'm an optimist. I always try to look on the bright side of things and would rather laugh than cry. And it just kills my mood when so many people seem like they'd rather hate on Star Wars than just accept it for what it is.Look I know I can't stop people from being negative. And I can't stop people from having their own opinions.I just....I guess I just want people to be happy...but I can't do that....Personally I don't think Disney is ruining Star Wars.I think the toxic fans are ruining Star Wars. via /r/StarWars https://ift.tt/2BxewJA

No comments:

Post a Comment